How we can help you
We have archivists on hand to help you with your search, however if you ask us to answer a research question for you - there is a user charge. Once you’ve got in touch with your enquiry, our Archivist can help you by:
- Doing an initial search of databases, indexes, lists and archives
- Reporting the search results to you
- Suggesting other sources or archives which may be useful for your enquiry
- Arranging an appointment time for you to visit and view archives at the archives reading room at 487 Hutt Road, Lower Hutt
- Arranging A3 and A4 photocopying of archives. This depends on the condition of the original and the copyright rules that apply to it
Making an enquiry
You can contact the archivist by phoning 04 589 0460 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll need to provide details of your enquiry and your contact details.
Your enquiry will be answered as quickly as possible. Occasionally, access to particular information has a restriction on it and can’t be released due to the Privacy Act or other legislation.
Location and opening hours
You can find our archives reading room at:
Unit 6, Birchwood Complex
487 Hutt Road
Viewing appointments are by booking only – so make sure you get in touch with us first. Appointments are available on:
- Tuesday: 9am - 12pm
- Wednesday: 9am - 4.30pm
- Friday: 9am - 12pm
Free car parking is available.
If you’re searching for property or building information, see rates and property pages. For local and family history searches you can visit our heritage centre in the Petone Library.
Our postal address is:
Private Bag 31 912
Lower Hutt 5040